Kingfisher bank fails; F&M Bank of Edmond will take over
First Capital Bank of Kingfisher is the first Oklahoma bank to fail this year. It's the first state bank failure since First National Bank of Davis in March 2011.
KINGFISHER — State banking regulators closed First Capital Bank of Kingfisher on Friday, but the bank will reopen Saturday as a branch of F&M Bank of Edmond.
Customers with questions about the bank closure can call the FDIC toll-free at (800) 591-2845. The phone number will be operational from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
“The bank was closed due to exhaustion of capital funds as a result of significant loan losses,” Oklahoma Banking Commissioner Mick Thompson said in a statement issued by the agency.
F&M Bank agreed to pay a premium of 7.65 percent to assume First Capital's $46.1 million in assets. The Oklahoma Banking Department in an emergency meeting Friday appointed the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. as receiver of the bank.
First Capital Bank customers may access their money over the weekend by writing checks or using ATM or debit cards, the FDIC said. Checks drawn on the bank will continue to be processed. Loan customers should continue to make their payments as usual.
The Kingfisher branch will offer drive-thru service beginning at 8 a.m. Saturday, and the main office will open Monday, the state Banking Department said.
The bank's assets plummeted to $46.1 million on March 31 from $119 million a year earlier. First Capital recorded a net loss of $573,000 in the first three months of this year, compared to a net loss of $126,000 in the same period last year.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments