Kingfisher comes up with big plays, routs Stigler
Yellow Jackets move on to Class 3A semifinals. Landon Nault runs for 225 yards, Nick Smith scores three touchdowns.
NewsOK Related Articles
Landon Nault dove, juked and scooted for 225 rushing yards on 32 carries to propel Kingfisher. Nault's 56-yard jaunt late in the first half made for his longest run of the game and put him over 100 yards. The Yellow Jackets piled up 367 yards along the ground on 50 attempts.
Nick Smith added 88 yards and three TD runs, while Newton chipped in 54 yards and three TD rushes. When Nault wasn't carrying the ball, he would block for his teammates. Kingfisher outgained Stigler 448-309 and produced 22 first downs to 13 for Stigler.
Stigler's season ended with its finest playoff push since 1965.
“We've broken the egg and got to the third round,” Risenhoover said. “We'll take this season and be thankful for it. I'm ecstatic about it. I know how difficult it is to get to this point. With the injuries and the kids we lost, we had to play well the first two rounds, and we did.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say