Kingma, Washington women rout Oregon 97-71
EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Kristi Kingma scored a career-high 35 points, setting a Pac-12 regular-season record for 3-pointers in a game, and Washington cruised to a 97-71 win over Oregon on Friday night.
Kingma was 11 for 17 from 3-point range for the Huskies (18-6, 9-3 Pac-12), who also set a Pac-12 mark for long-range shooting with 18. The redshirt senior's previous career high in scoring was 30 points and she was one short of tying the NCAA 3-point record.
Heather Corral added 16 points for Washington. Aminah Williams had 12 points and 11 rebounds, and Talia Walton and Jazmine Davis also scored 12 for the Huskies, who got a 3-pointer from Kingma 14 seconds in and led the rest of the way.
Jillian Alleyne led Oregon (3-22, 1-12) with 20 points and nine rebounds. Ariel Thomas scored 12, Amanda Delgado 11 and Liz Brenner finished with 10 points for the Ducks.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area