Kings activate Kopitar, send Stewart to minors
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Kings have activated center Anze Kopitar from the non-roster list after their longtime leading scorer missed the season opener with a knee injury.
The defending Stanley Cup champions also assigned newly acquired forward Anthony Stewart to their AHL affiliate in Manchester on Tuesday.
Kopitar injured his knee shortly before the lockout ended in a collision while playing in Sweden. Kopitar has led Los Angeles in scoring in each of the last five seasons, and he shared the Kings' playoff scoring lead with captain Dustin Brown during last summer's run to their first championship.
The Kings acquired Stewart from Carolina last week for enforcer Kevin Westgarth. Stewart cleared waivers earlier this week.
Los Angeles put defenseman Matt Greene on injured reserve Monday with a back injury.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14352Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12637Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11750OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10003Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8992Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7499Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7296Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated