Kirilenko, Lisicki reach Pattaya Open final
PATTAYA, Thailand (AP) — Second-seeded Maria Kirilenko of Russia and fifth-seeded Sabine Lisicki of Germany advanced to the final of the Pattaya Open with straight-set victories on Saturday.
Kirilenko used a powerful return of serve to defeat fourth-seeded Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-0, 6-2 in only 67 minutes and take a 3-2 lead in head-to-head encounters.
Lisicki boosted her chances of a fourth WTA title, firing eight aces to beat Nina Bratchikova of Russia 7-5, 6-3 at Dusit Resort.
Lisicki saved five of eight break points during the 90-minute match against her 130th-ranked opponent.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims