Kitzhaber will promote Oregon in Europe
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Gov. John Kitzhaber is traveling to Europe next month to promote Oregon as a tourism destination and meet with business leaders and government officials.
Kitzhaber's office announced Friday that he'll travel to Amsterdam and Berlin, leaving March 3 and returning March 9.
In the Netherlands, the governor will attend a reception celebrating the five-year anniversary of a direct flight between Portland and Amsterdam. He'll also tour a Nike logistics center and discuss clean technology with industry executives.
In Germany, Kitzhaber will meet with tourism officials, a Daimler executive and an official from the Ministry of the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety. He'll also participate in a discussion of energy policy with German think tanks.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims