Knicks lose Shumpert to torn ACL
MIAMI (AP) — Knicks rookie guard Iman Shumpert will miss the rest of the postseason after tearing a left knee ligament in the third quarter of New York's Game 1 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday.
The Knicks announced Shumpert also tore his lateral meniscus. Surgery will be scheduled in New York and Shumpert is expected to miss approximately six to eight months.
Shumpert, who started the final 17 games of the regular season after Jeremy Lin had knee surgery, was bringing the ball up the right sideline and tried to dribble behind his back when he pulled up and immediately grabbed at his left knee. He was brought into the Knicks' locker room for evaluation and later to a hospital for an MRI.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in