Knicks to host Sandy Hook kids, families Saturday
"That was great," Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire said. "We were there pretty much just wanting to put smiles and hope back in the families faces. It was an awesome event. Great for us to interact with the families there. That was great for them."
A month after the killings, children from the choir who will perform recorded "Sandy Hook: Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Proceeds from the sale of the song will benefit the Newtown Youth Academy and the United Way of Western Connecticut.
AP freelance writer Adriano Torres contributed to this story.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort