Knighton fined $25,000 for hit on Luck
Docked $15,750 were Cincinnati LB Rey Maulaluga for striking defenseless Giants WR Dominek Hixon in the head and neck area; and Denver DT Kevin Vickerson for a horse-collar tackle on Newton.
Jaguars safety Dawan Landry was fined $10,000 for a fourth-quarter hit on Luck that made contact to the head and neck area after Luck declared himself down by sliding feet first. Lions receiver Ryan Broyles was fined $10,000 for an illegal crackback block on Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield.
Others docked $10,000 were Patriots LB Jerod Mayo for a late hit on Bills RB C.J. Spiller when he was out of bounds; and Dolphins guard Richie Incognito for striking Tennessee LB Colin McCarthy late. Incognito was benched for a few plays by Dolphins coach Joe Philbin after the incident.
Justin Houston of Kansas City was fined $7,875 for unsportsmanlike conduct when he began a group celebration in the end zone. Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard lost the same amount for hitting Fitzpatrick out of bounds.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments