Kobe misses 2 Lakers practices with foot woes
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) — Kobe Bryant sat out both of the Los Angeles Lakers' practices on Friday with soreness in his right foot.
Bryant practiced on the Lakers' first four days of training camp, but skipped the morning session Friday. The Lakers expected him to practice in the evening session, but the superstar was held out after further evaluation.
The fifth-leading scorer in NBA history is beginning his 17th season with the Lakers. He is a five-time NBA champion and a 14-time All-Star.
The Lakers will practice at their training complex Saturday before traveling to Fresno, Calif., for their preseason opener Sunday against Golden State.
New center Dwight Howard won't play in Fresno while recovering from offseason back surgery, but is participating in nearly every part of Los Angeles' camp practices.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated