Kobe misses 2 Lakers practices with foot woes
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) — Kobe Bryant sat out both of the Los Angeles Lakers' practices on Friday with soreness in his right foot.
Bryant practiced on the Lakers' first four days of training camp, but skipped the morning session Friday. The Lakers expected him to practice in the evening session, but the superstar was held out after further evaluation.
The fifth-leading scorer in NBA history is beginning his 17th season with the Lakers. He is a five-time NBA champion and a 14-time All-Star.
The Lakers will practice at their training complex Saturday before traveling to Fresno, Calif., for their preseason opener Sunday against Golden State.
New center Dwight Howard won't play in Fresno while recovering from offseason back surgery, but is participating in nearly every part of Los Angeles' camp practices.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort