Koby Clemens powers RedHawks past Round Rock
RedHawks 9, Round Rock 3
Koby Clemens hit two home runs in the second inning, and the RedHawks beat Round Rock 9-3 on Tuesday in Round Rock, Texas.
The RedHawks blew the game open in the second inning with a nine-run, 13-batter outburst against Round Rock starter Derek Hankins (3-1).
Clemens finished the game 3-for-5 with four RBIs. Tommy Manzella had two hits, including a two-run single in the second inning.
BARMES HAS A HIT
Astros shortstop Clint Barmes went 1-for-4 with an RBI double in his final rehabilitation game with the RedHawks. He also made a strong throw from deep in the hole at shortstop.
Barmes is recovering after suffering a broken bone in his left hand when he was hit by a pitch in a spring training game. Barmes will continue his rehab with Double-A Corpus Christi.
ON THE MOUND
RedHawks starter Douglas Arguello (1-1) allowed two runs and five hits in five innings to pick up the win. Four RedHawks relievers closed out the game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister