Kroger, PetSmart, Hot Topic are big movers
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
The Kroger Co., up 89 cents at $30.25
The supermarket chain's fourth-quarter profit beat Wall Street expectations, as it benefited from an extra week in the period.
Pier 1 Imports Inc., down 96 cents at $22.28
The home decor company's fiscal fourth-quarter revenue topped Wall Street's view, but its forecast was slightly below expectations.
Vail Resorts Inc., up $4.12 at $60.82
The ski resort operator's second-quarter earnings rose 30 percent from a year ago, thanks to a strong and snowy holiday season.
Navistar International Corp., up $6.93 at $31.89
The truck and engine maker in the midst of a turnaround, promoted its president and chief operating officer, Troy Clarke, to CEO.
PetSmart Inc., down $4.37 at $62.18
The pet store chain's fiscal fourth-quarter profit rose 31 percent, but its forecast for this year disappointed investors.
Hot Topic Inc., up $3.12 at $13.87
The teen retailer said that it is selling itself to Sycamore Partners, an investment firm, for about $592.4 million in cash.
Fred's Inc., down 36 cents at $13.20
The discount retailer reported that sales at stores open a year fell 1.5 percent in February, and it cut fourth-quarter guidance.
Ciena Corp., up $2.59 at $17.53
The developer of high-speed networking technology posted a fiscal first-quarter loss, but its adjusted results topped expectations.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister