Kyle Larson to attempt full Nationwide schedule
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Promising young driver Kyle Larson will attempt to run the full Nationwide Series this year in a joint effort between Earnhardt Ganassi Racing and Turner Scott Motorsports.
Larson is of Japanese descent and last year's NKNPSE Championship was the first series title for a driver from NASCAR's Drive for Diversity program.
The 20-year-old will attempt to make his Nationwide debut in the No. 32 Chevrolet at Daytona on Feb. 23. The car will be sponsored by Clorox.
He'll be making his Daytona debut in the ARCA race, and will participate in the "Battle at the Beach" all-star race.
Larson is a development driver for Ganassi. He competed in 123 races last year around the world and won 30.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma