Lakers owner Jerry Buss hospitalized, battling cancer
Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss is currently hospitalized with cancer, a source familiar with the situation told the Los Angeles Daily News.
Buss, 79, has owned the Lakers since 1979, when he purchased the team along with the Forum, the NHL's Kings and a 13,000-acre ranch for $67 million from Jack Kent Cooke. Since then, the Lakers have become one of the sport's top franchises, winning 10 of their 16 NBA championships under Buss' watch.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims