Landry Jones intercepted 5 times as Nebraska upsets Oklahoma
LINCOLN, Neb. — Nebraska intercepted Oklahoma freshman quarterback Landry Jones five times to lead the Cornhuskers to a 10-3 upset Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.
Videoview all videos
Nov 8Landry Jones threw five interceptions and Tress Way...
Nov 8Berry Tramel and David Ubben describe how things went so...
Photoview all 44 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The five picks were the most ever thrown by an OU quarterback.
Jones' first interception proved to be the most costly, leading to the only touchdown of the defensive struggle.
Early in the second quarter, Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara stepped in front of a Jones pass intended for Adron Tennell and returned the interception to the OU 1-yard line.
Two plays later, Husker quarterback Zac Lee found Ryan Hill for a 1-yard touchdown pass.
Said Nebraska coach Bo Pelini: "That interception kick-started us."
Husker free safety Matt O'Hanlon finished what Amukamara started.
O'Hanlon had three of the other four interceptions. The first he returned 30 yards to set up a 28-yard field goal by Alex Henery.
O'Hanlon's last pick ended the Sooners' final attempt to tie the game with just a few seconds left in the fourth quarter.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad