Largest Crocodile in Captivity Dies in Philippines
MANILA, Philippines - The world's largest saltwater crocodile in captivity died Sunday, sending villagers to tears in a backwater southern Philippine town that shot to international prominence and started to draw tourists, revenue and development because of the immense reptile.
A veterinarian rushed to far-flung Bunawan town in Agusan del Sur province to check the 1-ton crocodile after it flipped over with a bloated stomach Sunday in its cage in an eco-tourism park.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
H/T: Huffington Post
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located