LA's Getty museum announces 2 new directors
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Officials at the J. Paul Getty Museum have appointed two leaders to permanent roles at the prominent Los Angeles arts institution.
Director Timothy Potts said Monday that Thomas Kren will be associate director of collections for the Getty Museum and Elizabeth Morrison will be senior curator of manuscripts.
Both had served in the roles on an interim basis.
Kren joined the Getty in 1980, and has played a key role in the museum's acquisition of medieval and Renaissance illuminated manuscripts.
Morrison joined the Getty in 1996 as a curatorial assistant and rose through the ranks to her current role.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims