Las Vegas sports books tell of ‘staggering' hit from NFL season
LAS VEGAS — It wasn't the mysterious fan with a briefcase of cash who picked this town clean during NFL gambling season.
Rather, it's been bettors wearing a new orange Peyton Manning jersey, or Packers fans with their cheesehead hats, or Patriots fans — who loyally bet on their favored teams each week.
NewsOK Related Articles
The problem for Las Vegas sports books is that many popular NFL teams beat the points spread during the regular season. And with many bettors combining their picks in parlays, $20 wagers turned...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister