Share “Last teen released from hospital after...”

Last teen released from hospital after class fire

Published on NewsOK Modified: November 30, 2012 at 5:04 am •  Published: November 30, 2012
Advertisement

CARLISLE, Pa. (AP) — A student hospitalized overnight after a fireball erupted in a central Pennsylvania eighth grade classroom has been released.

The student was one of seven who needed medical attention after a science experiment went awry Wednesday at Wilson Middle School in Carlisle.

The teen was released from Johns Hopkins Hospital on Thursday after undergoing treatment for burns to his face and torso.

Carlisle Fire and Rescue Chief John Heberlig says a preliminary investigation indicates a teacher was igniting rubbing alcohol when the experiment went wrong.

The teacher put out the fire with a classroom extinguisher. Five students were burned and two others were treated for smoke inhalation.


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Amazon Is Developing a Galaxy Quest TV Show
  2. 2
    'Les Miserables' actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste dies after fall - CNN.com
  3. 3
    VICE: It's Time to Accept Video Games As Art
  4. 4
    What if your boss paid you to have life experiences for 3 months?
  5. 5
    Study: Sometimes the 'irrational' choice is the best one
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending news Article