Late field goal lifts Northeastern State past Central Oklahoma
Drew Patton's 21-yarder with 1:53 left gives the RiverHawks a four-game winning streak to end the season.
The Bronchos led most of the game until RiverHawks quarterback Johnny Deaton connected with Chucky Bryant on a 5-yard TD pass in the third quarter for their first lead.
UCO quarterback Adrian Nelson later hit Christian Hood for a 43-yard TD with 13:53 remaining to regain the lead.
Nelson finished 18 of 35 for 211 yards, while running back Joshua Birmingham was limited to just 53 yards on 18 carries.
“Adrian's a really talented kid,” Bobeck said. “What we have to do with him is we have to put him in positive situations. We've got to get some guys that are making some plays on the edge, and we didn't make many plays at wide receiver today.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say