Law firm goes all out to help feed needy families
Congratulations to the McIntyre Law Firm of Oklahoma City for its leadership in providing more than 600 Thanksgiving meals for the needy in this area. Also, more than 200 boxes of food were shipped to Tulsa. Boxes of food with two types of meat, three varieties of fresh vegetables, stuffing, gravy rolls and dessert were purchased through the Angel Tree Food Ministry.
I watched as a long line formed to get a food box on what was the coldest day of the season so far. It showed that many of our fellow Oklahomans are in need of the basics. They may never ask for help, but they are in need. It encourages them to know that when they work hard and try desperately to make ends meet, a kind neighbor can identify with them by saying, â€œHere, let me help you with Thanksgivingâ€ â€” with no strings attached.
Thanks go to Noble McIntyre and his firm for leadership and insight into the needs of the underemployed during this holiday season.
Jackie Ledbetter, Moore
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 64206Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14590Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8849Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6802How to help tornado victims
- 6783Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6409Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6168Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes