Lawmakers back plan to allow 'moderate' drunken driving
"Moderate" drunken driving might soon become acceptable in Ireland.
According to TheJournal.ie, a councillor has called on the Minister for Justice to allow police to issue permits to people in the most isolated parts of the country to allow them to drive after drinking some alcohol.
The councillor said he proposed the motion to help “those people in every parish who are isolated and who can’t get out of their place at night.”
“A lot of these people are living in isolated rural areas where there’s no public transport of any kind, and they end up at home looking at the four walls, night in and night out, because they don’t want to take the risk of losing their license,” he told TheJournal.ie.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
Source: (H/T Gawker)
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?