Lawmakers distrust local citizens?
NewsOK Related Articles
Still, the bill's supporters should drop their overheated “Big Tobacco” rhetoric. Business-bashing is both unwarranted and counterproductive. Ultimately, this debate isn't about sending a message to “Big Tobacco,” browbeating smokers or “punishing” anyone. It's about increasing the power of citizens at the local level.
If the voters can be trusted when they elect members of the Legislature, surely those same voters can be trusted when electing mayors and city councils to set local policy. It's that simple.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated