Lawton girl receives rite at Vatican
A Lawton youth recently received her first Communion at the Vatican.
A visit to the Vatican is a dream for many Roman Catholics.
One young Oklahoman and her family recently visited the Vatican and celebrated one of the church sacraments.
Isabel Celedon, daughter of Robert and Joanne Celedon of Lawton, celebrated her first Communion in May at the Chapel of Mary, Mother of the Family at the Vatican.
Little Isabel's aunt teaches at a school in Florence, Italy, and mentioned to Isabel's mother that her students were going to the Vatican to receive their first Communion. Through several conversations, Isabel's journey to Italy was arranged and the Celedons visited the Vatican to see the young girl take part in the religious rite.
She received a Bible and a rosary blessed by Pope Benedict XVI.
A reader familiar with the former Greystone Presbyterian Church recently emailed me in the hopes that I would clarify something.
In my June 23 story about the demolition of the Presbyterian church, I incorrectly said it was located in Nichols Hills.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash