Lawton girl receives rite at Vatican
A Lawton youth recently received her first Communion at the Vatican.
A visit to the Vatican is a dream for many Roman Catholics.
One young Oklahoman and her family recently visited the Vatican and celebrated one of the church sacraments.
Isabel Celedon, daughter of Robert and Joanne Celedon of Lawton, celebrated her first Communion in May at the Chapel of Mary, Mother of the Family at the Vatican.
Little Isabel's aunt teaches at a school in Florence, Italy, and mentioned to Isabel's mother that her students were going to the Vatican to receive their first Communion. Through several conversations, Isabel's journey to Italy was arranged and the Celedons visited the Vatican to see the young girl take part in the religious rite.
She received a Bible and a rosary blessed by Pope Benedict XVI.
A reader familiar with the former Greystone Presbyterian Church recently emailed me in the hopes that I would clarify something.
In my June 23 story about the demolition of the Presbyterian church, I incorrectly said it was located in Nichols Hills.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City