Lawton man drowns in Tom Steed Reservoir
Jose Angel Garcia, 22, was wading about 3:15 p.m. Sunday in the swim beach area of Tom Steed Reservoir when he began swimming north and was not seen again, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
SNYDER — A Lawton man drowned Sunday afternoon in Tom Steed Reservoir in Kiowa County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Jose Angel Garcia, 22, was wading about 3:15 p.m. in the swim beach area when he began swimming north and was not seen again.
Garcia's body was found about 8:20 p.m., troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims