LAX flights canceled due to east coast storm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dozens of flights out of Los Angeles International Airport have been canceled due to the blizzard on the east coast.
Albert Rodriguez of Los Angeles World Airports tells City News Service that five airlines grounded at least 63 flights Saturday.
More than a foot of snow fell overnight across the Northeast, forcing the closure of airports in New York City, Boston and Newark, NJ.
Rodriguez advised passengers heading to those destinations to confirm their flights before going to LAX.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena