LeBron James calls Kevin Durant his inspiration
OKC THUNDER NOTEBOOK — Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year tells the magazine Kevin Durant is his inspiration. Said LeBron James, “We're driving one another.”
NewsOK Related Articles
“I didn't have no more left in the tank, man,” Durant said. “I wanted to finish it so bad. I know Dray from him playing in D.C., and that's where I'm from. So I would talk a little trash to him after that one. But I'm glad I got to the free throw line and got two shots.”
Asked where the dunk would have ranked, Durant didn't hesitate.
“That probably would have been my best dunk ever,” he said. “I don't think it would have been the best that you've seen in the NBA. But that would have probably been my personal best.”
With a 117-111 win at Brooklyn on Tuesday, the Thunder now has scored at least 100 points in 10 straight games.
It's the longest such streak in the franchise's Oklahoma City era and the longest since the Sonics also had a 10-game streak in December 1997, according to ESPN Stats and Information.
If the Thunder extends its streak to 11 games with a win Friday against the Los Angeles Lakers, it will be the franchise's longest streak since 1995, when the Sonics scored at least 100 points in 19 straight games.
The Thunder is 13-1 when it scores at least 100 points and is averaging a league-best 105.7 points. Currently, the Thunder is outscoring opponents by a league-best 9.6 points per game. Should the Thunder end the season with its current scoring margin it would mark the NBA's largest scoring differential since Boston won by an average of 10.3 points during its 2008 championship season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims