Lehigh defeats Central Connecticut State 35-14
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. (AP) — Michael Colvin passed for 249 yards and a touchdown and led Lehigh to a 35-14 victory over Central Connecticut State Saturday in non-conference play.
The Mountain Hawks, 2-0 overall, got four short scoring runs to down winless Central Connecticut State (0-2). Zach Barket opened the scoring with a 1-yard touchdown in the first quarter. Keith Sherman rushed for a 1-yard TD later in the period, then scored again from a yard out in the second quarter to give Lehigh a 21-0 halftime lead.
Rob Hollomon's 2-yard touchdown run put the Blue Devils on the board in the third quarter. But Colvin scored on a 3-yard run in the fourth quarter, then hit Max Anderson on a 3-yard scoring pass. Andrew Clements' late 6-yard scoring pass to Denzel Jones was too little too late.
Colvin, a senior, has won his first two career starts. Clements was just 10-for-17 for 87 yards.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say