Lending company owned by Oklahoma tribe generates complaints
Online payday lending operations claiming to be “wholly owned” by the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians in Oklahoma have been receiving complaints since around the time they were formed, Better Business Bureau records show.
RED ROCK — The state Department of Consumer Credit has received official complaints against another online payday loan company owned by an Oklahoma Indian tribe.
Mary Keel, chief examiner with the Department of Consumer Credit, said there have been four official complaints filed by consumers against American Web Loan. She said the complaints are...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in