Letter of the month winner: Bill Walker, of Yukon
NewsOK Related Articles
They're not learning because teachers aren't teaching. And this isn't their fault! Rather than teaching, they spend most of their time trying to control the behavior of children who don't have the self-control necessary to be receptive to learning. Can anyone be expected to be both a classroom teacher and a behavioral therapist? Any parent who doubts this should visit a classroom and see the obstacles these teachers face.
School administrators at the district and state levels should get out of their offices and spend a day as a substitute teacher. Perhaps then they'll comprehend the problem and divert some of their resources to supporting these teachers in creating an environment where their students can actually learn.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister