LG Display posts profit but iPhone dims outlook
James Jeong, LG Display's chief financial officer, said the panel industry, which has been suffering from oversupply and weak global demand for years, is not expected to make a big improvement for another year.
Jeong said LG Display will have almost no increase in its production capacity this year, underlining how the tech sector is still reluctant to increase investment in factories at a time of global economic uncertainty.
LG's fourth quarter profit fell short of the 352 billion won median forecast by analysts polled by FactSet.
Operating profit totaled 587.3 billion won, compared with a 154.7 billion won loss a year earlier.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims