Liberals condescending and patronizing
Many liberals view any argument from the other side as uninformed, bigoted, backward or evil. Many try to hurt those they disagree with. Think of how Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is asking private banks not to do business with gun manufacturers. Or how he reacted to Chick-fil-A's owner's opinion on gay marriage. As has been said, President Obama and the Democrats have an enemies list; the most recent target is the National Rifle Association. If the left wants a serious debate, it could start by being less condescending and patronizing and look at the legitimate views of its political opponents.
NewsOK Related Articles
Charles Beattie, Midwest City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad