Liberty dominates Presbyterian 56-7
CLINTON, S.C. (AP) — Aldreakis Allen and Sirchauncey Holloway combined for five rushing touchdowns to lead Liberty past Presbyterian 56-7 in a Big South Conference matchup Saturday.
Liberty (2-4, 2-0) got off to a fast start. On its opening drive, Holloway scored from 3 yards out, and then Allen extended the lead on its next possession with a 59-yard touchdown run. Allen finished with 183 yards on 13 carries, and Holloway added 128 yards on 12 carries.
The Flames scored on its first three possessions and jumped out to a 28-0 lead before Presbyterian could answer.
Presbyterian (2-5, 0-2) scored its only points of the game when Kaleb Griffin connected with Michael Ruff for 32 yards in the second quarter.
Liberty's defense stifled Presbyterian, getting six sacks, while holding them to just 56 yards rushing.
Liberty improved its overall record against Presbyterian to 6-4, and has now won four straight against the Blue Hose.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in