Liberty movement in Oklahoma will not surrender
“Pointless: Ron Paul supporters should give up fight” (Our Views, Aug. 17) says that Oklahomans who are protesting blatant rules violations by the state Republican Party should stop whining and give up. I disagree. Mitt Romney is, by and large, a carbon copy of Barack Obama. They're both big-government authoritarians who believe that there's no problem the government can't solve, either at home or abroad. Our movement isn't about preventing Romney from running. It's about re-establishing the rule of law and the principles of the Founders. That's why it's relevant that the rules were violated at the state Republican convention. How can we trust people to adhere to the Constitution if they can't be bothered to adhere to the rules of their own party?
NewsOK Related Articles
This lack of regard for the Constitution has typified Republicans and Democrats alike over the last few generations. It's time to put a stop to it. Unlike many of our Republican colleagues, our principles aren't for sale.
Adam Bates, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion