Jolie: We won't change our security on red carpet

Published on NewsOK Modified: June 3, 2014 at 11:49 am •  Published: June 3, 2014
Advertisement
;

SHANGHAI (AP) — Angelina Jolie says she and Brad Pitt won't tighten their security policies during publicity events after he was accosted on the red carpet in Los Angeles.

"People like that are an exception to the rule," she explained. "Most fans are just wonderful. We've had a wonderful experience over the years, and we're very grateful for their support, and it will not change the way we behave." "

Jolie spoke to The Associated Press on Tuesday while in Shanghai to promote "Maleficent," the live-action retelling of "Sleeping Beauty."

Pitt and three of their six children traveled with her to China, and Jolie said the children were enjoying the trip.

"We went to the Long Museum for Contemporary Art," she said. "They (the children) are having a dim sum class today and a lot of the local food. We love Chinese food anyway, so now we get to have the authentic Chinese food, and ... they are having a wonderful time. Vivienne asked me not to go home today."

She also said Pitt is a "strong man" who handled the situation "perfectly" after he was accosted by a former Ukrainian television journalist at the film's premiere last week. Vitalii Sediuk pleaded no contest to battery on Friday and was ordered to stay away from Pitt, Jolie and Hollywood red carpet events.

Continue reading this story on the...