Lillard's 24 points lead Blazers past Timberwolves
Sitting on the bench in a dress shirt and tie, Roy received a standing ovation from the crowd when he was shown on the big screen during a second quarter timeout. Roy hasn't played since undergoing his seventh knee surgery on Nov. 19, "but I'm still excited to be here and see the fans," he said before the game.
Roy's injury is far from Minnesota's only problem. The Wolves were missing three starters — leading scorer and rebounder Kevin Love (broken hand), forward Andrei Kirilenko (calf) and center Nikola Pekovic (abdominal strain).
"It's hard when you're missing players, especially scorers like Kevin, Pek and Kirilenko," said Minnesota guard Ricky Rubio, who had 12 points and nine assists. "It's something we have to face every night — play the players we have and fight until the end."
The Wolves shot just 39 percent from the field and made just one of 12 3-point attempts.
NOTES: Portland has dominated the series, having taken 14 of the last 15 meetings between the two teams at the Rose Garden and 21 of 23 in the series overall. ... Reserve guard Eric Maynor, picked up recently from Oklahoma City, had a career-high 12 assists for Portland. ... Roy said his knee troubles haven't caused him to rethink his return. "I am still young and if I was to stop playing basketball, I don't know what I would do," he said. Nonetheless, he said he is at peace. "If I never play another game, I am completely satisfied with my career."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates