Li Na pulls out of Qatar Open with ankle injury
DOHA, Qatar (AP) — Li Na has pulled out of next week's Qatar Open because of the ankle injury she sustained in the Australia Open final.
Qatar organizers say Timea Babos will replace Li in the main draw.
Li injured her left ankle during her three-set loss to Victoria Azarenka for the Australian Open title.
Venus Williams withdrew from the Qatar tournament earlier this week, citing back trouble. She was bothered by back issues in Melbourne.
The Qatar field still features nine of the top 10 players in the women's rankings.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister