Lions add RJ Archer to compete with Kellen Moore
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have signed quarterback R.J. Archer and released wide receiver Troy Burrell.
The move that creates competition for Kellen Moore was announced Thursday.
Archer was cut as a rookie free agent by the Minnesota Vikings two years ago. He plays for the Georgia Force in the Arena Football League.
The former William and Mary standout will likely get a chance to compete with Moore, an undrafted rookie from Boise State who set several college records, to be the team's third-string quarterback behind Matthew Stafford and Shaun Hill when training camp begins next month.
Burrell is an undrafted rookie from Wayne State.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in