Lions hire Heffernan as assistant OL coach
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have hired Terry Heffernan as their assistant offensive line coach.
Heffernan has been the offensive line coach at Wayne State in Detroit for the past six seasons. The Lions announced the move Thursday.
Before his tenure at Wayne State, Heffernan spent two seasons as a graduate assistant at Michigan. He is a native of Arlington Heights, Ill., and played college football at Dayton.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister