Lions put CB Bentley on IR, sign CB Carey
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have put rookie cornerback Bill Bentley on injured reserve and signed cornerback Don Carey.
Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said on Thursday that Bentley will have season-ending shoulder surgery. Bentley, a third-round pick, started in three of four games this season and made 13 tackles.
The Lions released Carey in August. He played in five games last year for Detroit last year and started in 10 of 15 games during the 2010 season with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Detroit has also confirmed it acquired wide receiver Mike Thomas from Jacksonville — its opponent Sunday on the road — for an undisclosed draft pick.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister