Little All-City boys basketball Coach of the Year: Scott Raper has Centennial program off to strong start
A year after he hired Scott Raper as the boys basketball coach at the newly opened Centennial High School in 2007, Phil Ingersoll predicted the potential to play for a state championship in the near future for the Bison.
Photoview all 24 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“He'll get tough on us if he has to, just to let you know that he wants you to do things right,” Carolina said. “But we really understand him when he talks. He knows how to talk to you and what to say.
“He's very excited for us and for the school to win two state titles. At first, this school wasn't even on the map, but now we've won state twice.”
Raper says he has gotten used to the bald look, having shaved his head after each of the two state titles. His wife is still working on it, telling him that he looks like Hannibal Lecter.
“If this is what it takes...” Raper said, rubbing his head. “Anytime we can get positive publicity like this, it's a positive reflection of the school, and that's important.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers