Little All-City girls basketball first team capsules
Read about The Oklahoman's Little All-City girls basketball players and coach: Douglass' Te'era Williams, Northeast's T'ona Edwards, Millwood's Quira Demery, Washington's Lacey Paulk, Okarche's Morgan Vogt and Northeast coach Londaryl Perry.
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Te'era Williams, Douglass
Williams loaded the Douglass girls on her back and carried them to the Class 4A state tournament for the first time since 1992, when her mother, Lenora Love, won Little All-City Player of the Year honors and helped the Trojans to the tourney. Williams averaged 27.3 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists and 7 steals per game as a senior. In her career, she scored more than 2,000 points and grabbed more than 1,000 rebounds.
NewsOK Related Articles
T'ona Edwards, Northeast
Edwards averaged 15.4 points and 4.3 rebounds for Northeast, which narrowly lost to Fairview in the Class 2A state title game. The junior also stood out on defense; coach Londaryl Perry said Edwards always wanted to defend the opposing team's best player.
Quira Demery, Millwood
Demery scored 21 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in the Falcons' Class 3A state championship game win. She averaged 16.7 points during Millwood's playoff run, which broke a three-year streak of runner-up finishes.
Lacey Paulk, Washington
Washington was a young team in 2011-12, but posted a 17-9 record in large part because of Paulk's leadership. Paulk averaged 21.5 points and 12.3 rebounds per game as a senior. The East Central signee also recorded 74 steals and 30 blocks.
Morgan Vogt, Okarche
Vogt has a bright future. The forward led the Warriors to the Class A state championship game, averaging 16.7 points and 4.2 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
COACH OF THE YEAR
Londaryl Perry, Northeast
Perry, in his first season ever as a varsity head coach — and his first season coaching girls at all — led Northeast to the Class 2A championship game, where it lost a heartbreaker to Fairview. Northeast finished Perry's first season with a 26-3 record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister