Oklahoma State football: Lunt, Chelf will split practice time this week
Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy said quarterback J.W. Walsh played approximately 70 snaps after injuring his leg vs. Iowa State on Saturday.
Gundy compared the toughness shown by Walsh to that of a Navy Seal.
Walsh, who played the majority of the last four games for OSU, is expected to miss the rest of the season. He has thrown for 1,467 yards and 10 touchdowns, while rushing for another 254 yards and three touchdowns.
The question now becomes is Wes Lunt, who started the Cowboys first three games, healthy enough to return to the field.
Gundy said Monday during his weekly press conference that Lunt has been practicing and will split practice time with Clint Chelf this week as the Cowboys prepare to take on TCU on Saturday in Stillwater.
The Oklahoman's Anthony Slater, Gina Mizell and John Helsley provided live updates of Mike Gundy's press conference via Twitter. Here is a look at what else Gundy had to say on Monday:
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients