Long-married couple born in same hospital
Johnnie and Cheryl Overbay were born six hours part in Oklahoma City.
It could be said that Johnnie and Cheryl Overbay have been together since birth.
Johnnie was born the night of Feb. 1, 1945 at St. Anthony's Hospital in Oklahoma City. Six hours later on Feb. 2, Cheryl was born at St. Anthony's. The same Catholic nun signed both their birth certificates.
NewsOK Related Articles
They never lived more than 15 miles apart, but their second meeting was delayed until Cheryl's family moved to the south side of Oklahoma City. They officially met at U.S. Grant High School.
With parental blessing, they married July 3, 1962, with the understanding they had to finish high school.
The couple “really raised one another,” Johnnie said, “becoming best friends in the process.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort