Long voting lines a hassle, but a little perspective would help
NewsOK Related Articles
That doesn't mean improvements can't be made. Legislators should listen to county election board officials who say precinct volume wasn't considered when lawmakers redrew congressional districts — resulting in huge lines at some precincts, no lines at others. They also should consider bumping pay for poll workers, if possible.
Meantime, don't lose sight of what the griping is about — waiting longer than we'd like, on one day every few years, in order to vote. Relax, people.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims