Longtime Oklahoma Ethics Commission workers are honored
A reception was held Thursday for Oklahoma Ethics Commission's longtime executive director, general counsel and investigator, who are leaving the agency at the end of November.
NewsOK Related Articles
“It will be difficult if nigh impossible to find someone to even match her experience, knowledge and dedication to the mission of the Ethics Commission — full accountability, full transparency and dedicated to the principle of trying to reduce undue influence by special interests,” said Raley, whose final term expired earlier this year.
“They're chronically underfunded, and she's been able to manage and inspire during these periods of time when the agency was underfunded, understaffed and overworked,” he said.
James Loy, who served 10 years on the commission through last year, also spoke highly of Hughes.
“She was the brains behind it, interpreting the rules, assisting all of the commissioners — and service beyond the normal call of duty,” he said. “We appreciate her service so much.”
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments