Looking back at the OU-Nebraska title games
OU and Nebraska have staged 20 virtual or actual championship games since World War II:
Nov. 23, 1946: OU 27-6, at Norman: Touchdowns by Jack Mitchell and Joe Golding led the Sooners. The winner was assured of a tie for the Big Six title with the Kansas-Missouri winner.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 86 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Nov. 25, 1950: OU 49-35, at Norman. The Huskers needed a victory to forge a tie for the Big Seven title, but OU needed victory to protect its new No. 1 ranking. Husker star...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction