Looking for something to do in Edmond during spring break?
Classes and activities are planned in Edmond next week. Students can learn about safety, sewing, drawing and more.
EDMOND — Students who spend spring break in Edmond will find plenty to do.
Want to learn about safety, how to draw or how to use a sewing machine? Students can do that and more next week.
Children ages 5 to 12 are invited to the Edmond Historical Society and Museum, 431 S Boulevard, to make historical crafts. Different crafts will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday while the supplies last. A volunteer will be there to help.
No registration is required and the classes are free. For more information, go to www.edmondok.com.
Edmond Fire Department will host a Spring Break Children's Safety Challenge on Monday and Tuesday at the Children's Safety Village.
The safety education class — designed for children ages 4 to 7 — will be from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Each class will include classroom discussion and hands-on experience.
The children will participate in a safety course March 20 at the Children's Safety Village. Child-size firefighters' suits will be provided. Parents are invited to observe the children go through the course.
The enrollment fee is $20 and includes a T-shirt and snacks. Class size is limited to 25. To enroll, call 216-7303.
Edmond Parks and Recreation Department is offering two spring break camps for students ages 8 to 12, one for art and another for sewing.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister